Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website (“Site.”) By using this Site you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site.
The Site is owned and operated by THE DOTZ COMPANY™, a corporation incorporated under the laws of the United States of America. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ maintains the Site for your personal entertainment and information. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this Site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from THE DOTZ COMPANY™.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated and may only be used according to these Terms and Conditions. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with THE DOTZ COMPANY™. Images are either the property of, or used with permission by, THE DOTZ COMPANY™. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by written agreement from THE DOTZ COMPANY™. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- THE DOTZ COMPANY™ uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site. However, THE DOTZ COMPANY™ makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this Site.
- Furthermore, your use of and browsing in this Site is at your risk. Neither THE DOTZ COMPANY™ nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some the jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or as a result of your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ furthermore does not warranty that the website shall be constantly available, available at all, or that the information and products shall be available on the Site after purchase.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by THE DOTZ COMPANY™ or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, THE DOTZ COMPANY™ is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
- The trademarks, and logos, displayed on the Site, are trademarks of THE DOTZ COMPANY™ or used with the permission of their rightful owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of THE DOTZ COMPANY™ or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed on the Site.
- THE DOTZ COMPANY™ has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- This Site may contain links to other Web sites operated by third parties other than THE DOTZ COMPANY™. Such links are provided for your convenience only. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their content. The fact that this Site contains links to other sites does not mean that THE DOTZ COMPANY™ approves of, endorses or recommends those sites, nor does it imply any association with their operators. THE DOTZ COMPANY™ disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content on any other site and disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from any third party Web sites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in this Site.
- THE DOTZ COMPANY™ may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
- You must not use this website or any of the information found on the Site in any way that may cause damage to the Site or accessibility to the Site or in any way that is illegal, fraudulent, or likely to cause harm to THE DOTZ COMPANY™ or any other entity. This includes, but is not limited to, using the Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of or is hyper-linked to any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- THE DOTZ COMPANY™ reserves the right to restrict access to certain parts of the site or remove or modify any or all of the information on the site at its sole discretion. If a user name or password is provided to you by the THE DOTZ COMPANY™ or in connection with the Site, THE DOTZ COMPANY™ reserves the right to disable your user name and/or password for any reason.
- The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be governed by and in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia. Any and all grievances and disputes must be brought in the Court of Fulton Country, Georgia.
® 2014 THE DOTZ COMPANY™
TM and ® indicate trademarks of the THE DOTZ COMPANY™
This policy governs any kind of processing (including collection, use, transfer, storage and deletion) of personally identifiable information (any information that may be used to identify a physical person, and any other information associated therewith) about natural persons, which are either consumers of THE DOTZ COMPANY™ products or services, or representatives of our cooperation partners (“personal data”), by all business units and entities within THE DOTZ COMPANY™. This policy applies to our processing of personal data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, online as well as offline, from persons located anywhere in the world. Any question regarding our processing of personal data may be directed to:
THE DOTZ COMPANY™
1135 Sheridan Road Ne
Atlanta GA 30324
Generally, THE DOTZ COMPANY™ will be guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
- 1. We will only collect personal data for specific and specified purposes;
- 2. We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
- 3. We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- 4. We will not transfer personal data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- 5. We will seek to verify and/or update personal data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data;
- 6. We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
- 7. Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
THE DOTZ COMPANY™ encourages families to visit thedotzcompany.com site together as a shared activity.
Transfer of personal data to third parties and/or other countries
As a general principle, we process personal data in order to facilitate or improve THE DOTZ COMPANY™’s offerings and services to you. We do purchase supplementary data from public sources to complement our data bases.
We do not process personal data on behalf of third parties, nor do we sell personal data to, or share personal data with, third parties for their own, independent use, except if you allow us to do so or unless it is described herein.
We do share personal data with third party vendors when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves.
We also use third party data hosting companies to store personal data collected by us in their servers, and to do data validation checks for us.
We undertake or commission consumer research projects from time to time and we may share personal data with third party research companies for this purpose. Also, such third party research companies may host survey data in their data bases on our behalf.
All data transfers to third party vendors or partners, including those listed as examples above will be subject to a written contract between us and the third party vendor or partner in question, and the vendor or partner will not have any authority to use such personal data for any purpose other than as instructed by us.
We will disclose personal data when legally obligated to do so under subpoena or court order, or for law enforcement purposes. For operational security reasons, we process (mirror) personal data in Europe and the United States. This means that all personal data processed by us is transferred between our facilities in Europe and the United States periodically.
Personal data collected online from children under the age of 13
When a child under the age of 13 (or such higher age as may be determined by local law; in the following, the age 13 is used as the common denominator for easy reference) contacts THE DOTZ COMPANY™ online, for example to participate in a contest or to ask a question, we will collect that child’s email address and the e-mail address of the child’s parent or guardian. We will use the child’s e-mail address only for the purpose for which it was collected, and we will use the e-mail address of the parents or guardians only to provide notification about the child’s contact with us, and to provide notification of the types and uses of personal data collected, if and as required by law.
As a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 from whom we have collected personal data, you have the right to review and have deleted such personal data, and to refuse to permit further collection or use of such personal data. To do so, you should contact us at email@example.com. Parents and guardians who wish to review personal data concerning their children will be required to specify the usernames and passwords of the children concerned, and to provide their own e-mail address for verification and contact purposes.
We cannot and will not establish conditions that will require or encourage children to disclose personal data over and above what is reasonably necessary to participate in any activity features on our web sites.
If any online activity offered by us will allow children under the age of 13 to reveal personal data publicly (for example via un-moderated chat rooms or bulletin boards), we will obtain parental consent before allowing the child to participate. Currently, all such activities are moderated, monitored and/or screened.